Galactic Social Media/Galaxis Aerospace Media
The MarsVR Program- training for kicking the red dust
Lakewood, United States– Introducing the integrated, engineering-grade virtual reality Martian exploration training platform to fully prepare us for kicking red dust. Running with Indigogo, MarsVR is a collaboration of scientific and industry pioneers pulling the Red Planet close enough to feel and smell- propelling campaign supporters directly onto the stage of history.
“What we hope to demonstrate with our VR Program, is a new way of exploring Mars- one which could bring millions of people into the game, in terms of participating directly in exploration of the Red Planet,” said Dr. Robert Zubrin, President of the Mars Society, a core collaborator. The goal of MarsVR is to create a one-of-a-kind VR experience that is modular and scalable, available to everyone from students and the public, to scientists and astronauts.
State-of-the-art software for headset and body motion capture, full-motion treadmill, haptic (touch feedback) and even olfactory (smell) systems will merge with real life training bases on Earth to create a realistic Martian environment. To expedite this forward-looking system into the expansive tool it can become, a series of four phases, each marked with successive $25K goal points, will guide backers to have a hand in deploying this revolutionary product:
- Phase 1 – Complete the initial Mars training landscape including the interiors of settlement facilities, the realistic external martian terrain, and the movement of the person through a guided tour, and also at their free will.
- Phase 2 – The maturation of a serious set of procedures for wearing and managing a spacesuit and its life-support systems ready for marswalking, and learning to use the heads-up display information.
- Phase 3 – Team cooperation, with audio and visual interaction in the same virtual location, working together to bring success to the mission. Rover driving and upgraded realism will also be implemented too.
- Phase 4 – Upgraded feedback experience of touch and force for astronauts walking around on the surface and inside the settlement facilities. Complete personal training for this new technology will be included here too.
- Funding beyond Phase 4 – This will unleash a brighter and more invigorated leap into a new way of propelling science and education, one which will not only create accomplished and burgeoning astronauts from space agency associated programs such as K-12 and STEM, but give the excited public the experience of learning to live on Mars in a fun and immersive format.
- Backers will be rewarded with medallions, signed books, real-life simulated habitat experiences and VR participation and more, depending on the amount pledged.
“Our training program is designed both for those who are looking to develop advanced skills, as well as those who have a general interest in Mars exploration,” said Jeff Rayner, President of MXTreality.
MarsVR is seeking supporters to join an Indigogo campaign to bring Mars to Earth. It is a collaboration of the Mars Society and scientists, engineers, software and virtual reality hardware engineers (MXTreality), students and educators and space agencies, to create the most realistic and useful simulation of living on Mars, second only to the near-future event of walking there in reality.
MarsVR is preparing the world in virtual reality to help shape near future reality.