This page is designed for the Mayors of Asgardia. You will find the list and contact information of the Mayors in or close to your region!
The information is Coming Soon!
Elections of Asgardia's Mayors
Frequently Asked Questions
Mayoral elections is an opportunity for Asgardian residents to become directly involved in building the nation. Hundreds of people from all over the world will be running to become an Asgardian representative of their city (or district) on Earth.
A Mayor of Asgardia is a community leader who oversees the initiation and coordination of both the online and offline activity of Asgardian residents in their city or district. Mayors communicate directly with MPs and members of Asgardia’s government in their cities, thus facilitating communication between their community and the central government bodies of Asgardia.
As an authorised representative, a Mayor is the face of Asgardia in their city or district. He/she represents Asgardia in the media and networks with the local community, including thought leaders, business representatives, educational institutions and scientific centres.
Most importantly, a Mayor is an active and responsible leader able to guide the local Asgardian community, as well as attract new members.
- Mayors represent a connection between Space Nation residents and the Asgardian Administration. They are a portal for their local community members to become more actively involved in all of what Asgardia offers.
- Mayors will perform the following tasks:
- Organising interaction between the Asgardian community and local businesses.
- Working on collaborative projects with local businesses, research centres and other social clusters (e.g. student communities, space-fans clubs).
- Representing Asgardia in local media.
- Spreading the word about the Space Nation. Communicating ideas, visions and goals.
- Recruiting new residents.
There are some great reasons to run for the highly coveted position of Mayor:
- Become directly involved in the building of Asgardia.
- Represent Asgardia in the media.
- Appoint and manage your own team, including deputies and PR managers.
- Have your voice heard by reporting to Asgardia’s Parliament.
You can choose the closest city that does in your registration profile and nominate yourself there, or you can grow your electorate by recruiting new Asgardians. The latter is only available for cities with a population over 5000. Keep in mind that you can only choose your city once per election.
The rules of mayoral elections are democratic in nature. However, violation of certain provisions makes further participation impossible.
- Violation of the Constitution
- Repeated offensive behaviour
If you are the only mayoral candidate in your district by the end of the election period, you will automatically become Mayor. Regardless, we advise you aim to receive the support of as many Asgardians as possible.
Whether or not you have competitors in your district, your electorate can become active allies and help you in your activities during your term as a Mayor of Asgardia.